*The Gordon-Roberts House Museum is currently temporarily closed to public tours. We will open again the first week of April 2018*
Fourth Friday Tea Series 2018
The Fourth Friday series is back and showcasing local artists, writers, actors, museum specialists and more! Presentations are followed by two courses of light fare from local bakeries and restaurants. Fourth Friday’s each month at 11 am. Call 301-777-8678 to reserve your seat and buy a ticket!
(Tickets are not sold at the door)
- March 23 - Andrew Sparber, 1912 Cumberland Home Coming
- April 27 - Dennis Lashley, Mount Savage Historical Society
- May 25 - Melissa Van Osten, Historic Textiles
- June 22 - JoAnn Peterson, Historical Portrayal of Nellie Bly
- July 27 - Amy Monaco, Historical First Ladies program
- August 24 - Suzanne Trussell, French and Indian war
- September 28 - Linda Smith with WAE- “The World Comes to Cumberland”
- October 26 - Evan Slonaker, “An English Gentleman and George’s Creek Miner”
The Gordon - Roberts House
218 Washington Street
Cumberland, MD 21502
Follow us on Facebook!
UNION GROVE ONE-ROOM SCHOOL OPEN HOUSES
The Union Grove One Room School was recently restored by the Allegany County Historical Society with a grant from the Maryland Historic Trust. The school is used to give schoolchildren the opportunity to experience a day in a one room school. For additional information contact the Historical Society at 301-777-8678.