Fourth Friday Teas- Sip N' Learn
The fourth Friday of each month March through October, you are invited to sip n' learn with the Allegany County Historical Society. A presentation by a local educator, artisan or historical re-enactor is followed by light fare and 2 flavors of tea. Fourth Friday teas each month are hosted at The Gordon-Roberts House / 218 Washington Street, Cumberland MD & begin at 11:00 am. Call 301-777-8678 for tickets & reservations.
- March 23 - Andrew Sparber, 1912 Cumberland Home Coming
- April 27 - Dennis Lashley, Mount Savage Historical Society
- May 25 - Melissa Van Osten, Historic Textiles
- June 22 - JoAnn Peterson, Historical Portrayal of Nellie Bly
- July 27 - Amy Monaco, Historical First Ladies program
- August 24 - Suzanne Trussell, French and Indian war
- September 28 - Linda Smith with WAE- “The World Comes to Cumberland”
- October 26 - Evan Slonaker, “An English Gentleman and George’s Creek Miner”
The Gordon - Roberts House
218 Washington Street
Cumberland, MD 21502
UNION GROVE ONE-ROOM SCHOOL OPEN HOUSES
The Union Grove One Room School was recently restored by the Allegany County Historical Society with a grant from the Maryland Historic Trust. The school is used to give schoolchildren the opportunity to experience a day in a one room school. For additional information contact the Historical Society at 301-777-8678.