Fourth Friday Teas- Sip N' Learn
The fourth Friday of each month March through October, you are invited to sip n' learn with the Allegany County Historical Society. A presentation by a local educator, artisan or historical re-enactor is followed by light fare and 2 flavors of tea. Fourth Friday teas each month are hosted at The Gordon-Roberts House / 218 Washington Street, Cumberland MD & begin at 11:00 am. Call 301-777-8678 for tickets & reservations.
• March 24th - Master Gardener Mary Jo Price Teaches Invasive & Native Plants
• April 28th - Eleanor Roosevelt in 1916, Portrayed by Ellen McDaniel-Weissler
• May 26 - Western Maryland’s African American History by Professor Lynn Bowman
• June 23 - Mary Lincoln’s Family, living history portrayal by JoAnn Peterson
• July 28 - Becky McClarran & the Allegany County Animal Shelter present, Pets of the Past. You are invited to bring donations for the Shelter!
• August 25 - First Lady Edith Roosevelt, Presented by Historian Amy Monaco
• September 22 - J.B. Walton & Western Maryland by ACHS Executive Director, Evan Slonaker
• October 27 - A Special Christmas Story by Reverend Martha Magill
The Gordon - Roberts House
218 Washington Street
Cumberland, MD 21502
UNION GROVE ONE-ROOM SCHOOL OPEN HOUSES
The Union Grove One Room School was recently restored by the Allegany County Historical Society with a grant from the Maryland Historic Trust. The school is used to give schoolchildren the opportunity to experience a day in a one room school. For additional information contact the Historical Society at 301-777-8678.